Friday, January 11, 2013

Wedding Planner

I am really organized. So my first logical step was to get a planner. My soon to be mother-in-law kindly gifted me a wedding planner she purchased at Barnes & Noble, but I wanted to make my own so it could be better-tailored to my needs and I won't have to worry about mistreating it.

I really love Martha Stewart's stationery (exclusively at Staples), but it's pretty expensive. I figured since I'm not planning on keeping this planner forever, I shouldn't spend so much money on it. So I bought all my stationery at Target. Most things I already had, but here's a list of everything I used:
  •  2" binder
  • Pack of white copy paper
  • Hole puncher
  • Dividers
  • Glue stick
  • Scissors
  • Flags
I'm using the white copy paper to paste cut outs from magazines of things I like, inspire me, or just go to the overall feel and look that I want at my wedding. Kind of like an inspiration board, but on paper and in the "inspiration" tab. I made a tab for each important category. Instead of using broad categories, I really wanted this planner to get into all the details, so I used labels like decorations, flowers, bridal party, food, venue, etc. I searched around for printable templates to better keep track of all the details and found this cool website with a FREE printable worksheets. The sheets are very detailed and helpful, it's about 50 pages but covers EVERYTHING you can possibly need (and things you'd never think about). You can find them here.


I've heard of brides making planners for their MOHs, but I'm undecided. Anyone else make one for their MOH? What types of tabs or templates did you use?
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment